Perfect Cat Eyes
On days I want a more seductive, sexy look to match my LBD (little black dress), I either rock a set of smokey eyes or, when I am feeling a bit lazy / running out of time, I usually resort to the cat eyes matched with bright bold lips.
It took me a while to master this look, but only because I was always just referring to any packaging photo that came with the eyeliner I purchase, failing to copy it. Today I know better! Having done some research, here I combine tips and simplify steps for you to achieve the perfect cat eyes, the best way possible.
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler
- CLIO KILL SLIM liquid eyeliner (for beginners) &/OR
- Maybelline EYESTUDIO Lasting Drama gel eyeliner (a favorite)
- Maybelline HYPER CURL waterproof mascara
Place your liquid eyeliner like so, joining one side of your nose to the end of your eye and brow.
The ‘imaginary line’ (dotted in black) shows you the angle and direction your cat liner should be drawn.
5 Steps How-To:
- Draw a flick tracing the imaginary line, making a continuous, smooth curve upwards from your lower lash line.
- Line the area right above your pupil making a round curve, keeping it as close to the lash line as possible.
- Draw the thinnest line you can from the inner most corner of the eye, connecting it to #2.
- Line the remaining empty space between #2 and #1.
- Make a ‘triangle’ starting from the end of your pupil (where the tip of my brush lands in #4, ending at the sharp flick you drew. Color the space.
View when eyes are closed.
Add a pair of flirtatious falsies, and complete with bottom mascara.
And there you have your sultry cat eyes!
Especially when it comes to this look, I have to say: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! Good luck.