O v e r w h e l m e d .
August, where are you?
The past week, since I returned from Portugal, it was as if my life was waiting to fall apart in front of my eyes. Two very expensive and important things to me because of my blog, namely my MacBook Pro and DSLR camera, BROKE. Then, there is a friendship with one of my best friends that needs serious evaluating.
On top of that, I have goals in mind to achieve. Yet no matter how many to-do-lists and done-lists I tackle, it feels like no matter how hard I try, the results I yearn for shyly hide away underneath silver linings.
If you’re wondering how can a full-time blogger be so busy, here’s what I’ve been up to –
- Studying Facebook Blueprint
- Learning how to use Lightroom
- Planning my wedding, on-and-off
- Editing tons of photos and brainstorming blog content
- Making travel itineraries (for an upcoming trip and helping others)
- Job hunting and going for interviews every now and then
- Trying to build new contacts in Cingapore, as most of my clients are back in Malaysia
- Occasionally cooking dinners at home, whenever I can
- Other miscellaneous stuff life is all about that’s not the above
I feel like a poor student, a lost bride, a broke blogger and a lousy wife; playing this game of stepping in-and-out of those items, as they are things that I can’t just cross out before moving to another!
Standing 1000 feet under, I spy depression smirking at me by the bay. Quickly, I turn to the right people.
They remind me that:
- this is how life looks like for most people
- learning is a process
- results don’t happen overnight
- just keep working towards your main goal, one step at a time
- don’t shoot yourself
- stop comparing
P.S. Thanks to É, who surprised me with my *new* MacBook Pro, I can resume writing! Thank you for always believing in me, giving me guidance, support, and all of you. And to my best friend in the world, Ai Rene, I honestly don’t know what I’d do without you.
How do you know / measure if you are too hard on yourself, or if it is an actual fact that you could have done better?
Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to know.
Wake me up when September ends.