If you notice yourself reaching out for your compact powder every now & then because your makeup can’t stay, it’s a sign of your skin telling you, “Hey missy, i’m thirsty!”
Well, here is my favourite way to give my skin a boost of hydration. It’s very easy, & inexpensive too! i hope you’ll benefit from this entry (even guys can do this). If you don’t like trying new mask products because you have sensitive skin, this might be the solution for you. 😉
When you feel thirsty, you drink water. This same concept applies to our skin! Besides drinking 8 glasses of water a day, doing this routine helps refresh your face making it softer & more supple.
You only need 2 things :
- Spring water (Avene, Evian, or ZA energy water)
- Cotton tablets (you can find them at any SaSa outlets)
i am using Avene thermal spring water as my skin swears by it, & i always pour it into a container like so. This step is not necessary as it is almost impossible to take the water out of its bottle – try it & you’ll cry. But later you’ll see why i like to do so nonetheless.
1. Take a cotton tablet & remove its plastic wrapping.
2. Place it in the container (or spray it until it is COMPLETELY wet).
3. Watch your tablet slowly “grow taller” & smile 🙂
4. Once it absorbs all that mineral, take it out by holding its tip (you don’t want to “pollute” the remaining water).
5. Open it & wallaa it’s a mask!
6. Fit it onto your face, lie down, close your eyes & relax. Leave on for 10 – 15 minutes.
& YOU’RE DONE!!!
Remember to apply toner, essence if you have any, moisturizer, & eye cream to lock everything in. If you’re a guy, you can stop here. If you’re a girl, now you can apply your makeup & notice how it miraculously stay on your skin all day! (OK maybe touchup once.)
This method has worked wonders for me but at the end of the day, everybody has different skin type, tone, & texture so results might wary. However, it is pure water that we are supplying our skin with so there is no need to worry if anything will go wrong.
Have fun & good luck! <3