How To: Pack for A Month
Light, Stylish, Single Bag Travel for Spring / Summer.
Since 2013, I’ve been keeping up with the tradition of taking a month off every year to travel a new country. That said, I suppose I can say that I’ve perfected my packing skills by now. When curating my suitcase content for this 38-day coast-to-coast trip in USA, I was surprised to find that I had extra space in my suitcase, and even more thrilled when I returned with outfits I didn’t utilize!
I learned the trick is to always have a ‘main piece’ that can match almost anything. How do you identify a ‘main piece’? For tops, choose nude, white or black. For bottoms, a black and blue pair of denim will do you good. These are your essentials. Same rule applies for bags and shoes. Here is my fail-proof one bag travel packing list you can use as a guide for your next huge trip. Also, check out ProductNation’s 12 Must-Have Travel Essentials for that Long Awaited Holiday.
1-Month Packing Formula:
- Always bring bikinis; you don’t know when you need them. Mix-match 2 pairs to get 4 looks
- Bring light accessories; leave chunky and expensive jewelries home
- 3 handbags: 1 large, 1 clutch, 1 of your choice (1 in black, 1 nude, 1 of your choice)
- 3 pairs of shoes: 1 white sneakers (I like Adidas Superstars), nude sandals, gold / silver heels, a pair of Havaianas
- 10 tops: Must have – ecru and black pieces
- 2 pairs of jeans: blue and black (I like skinny because they can easily match any type of shoes)
- 1 shorts
- 1 overall
- 4 skirts
- 4 light fabric dresses (1 LBD is a must)
- 3 outer wear or less (my classic GAP hoodie is my airport-best-friend)
- Light PJs only
- 2 pairs of gym attires (if you like to keep fit when traveling)
- Lingerie and underwears (include: G-strings, nude colored panties, disposable under wears, panty liners and pads)
- Optional: a belt and a scarf